Please visit studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students for information regarding Foreign Students.
A Seminary applicant who is not a US citizen and does not have a “Green Card” should be aware that the Division of Higher Learning does not admit a student entering the United States on a tourist visa.
It is imperative that you receive your student visa before you leave your home country.
The student should observe the following procedures:
- Complete and sign a Division of Higher Learning Admission Application.
- Provide copies of High School transcript and diploma, immunization record and letters of recommendation.
- After the Dean has reviewed the application, a personal interview with the Dean must be arranged. At the Dean’s discretion phone interviews may be substituted for students who are unable to appear in person.
- After the student has been accepted, the following items should be submitted:
- Full tuition obligation
- Copy of student’s passport
- Evidence of Financial Ability: “Letter of Support” indicating the name of the person who will be financially responsible for the student while she is attending Associated Beth Rivkah Schools, Division of Higher Learning and copy of Bank Statement indicating that this person has the means to support you.
- “SEVIS STUDENT REPORTING REQUIREMENTS” letter signed by student and parent . Please click HERE to download the form.
Steps to follow in order to obtain a Student Visa
- Once we receive all of the above, we will issue the FORM I-20, (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status) . The Form will have your SEVIS ID #. You will need this form for your visa interview at your embassy.
- When you receive your I-20 Form, go online to FMJFee.com and pay the I-901 SEVIS fee. The fee is $200 at the present time. Once you paid this fee, print out confirmation page as you’ll need to bring it to your visa interview.
- You must apply for your international student visa through your nearest US embassy or US consulate. For more details of what you may need, visit your embassy’s official website or contact your embassy directly.
If the student has been accepted and needs the I-20 immediately, all the necessary documents should be emailed to email@example.com and full tuition (US funds) obligation plus the applicable FedEx fee to be paid by credit card. The I-20 will then be sent by express FedEx at your expense.Upon arrival in the United States, the student must submit a copy of her I-20, stamped by the INS, to the Division of Higher Learning SEVIS DSO (Designated School Official), Mrs. Sheindel Akselrod.
For assistance or additional information you may contact Mrs. Yocheved Baitelman or Mrs. Zisel Gurewitz at (718) 735-0400 ext. 1120 or 1121, or e-mail us at Dhlseminary@bethrivkah.edu.